Monday, July 23, 2007

Who made this rule?

I would certainly like to know where on line journaling came from. Who made the rule that one had to be honest when you blogged? And when did web pages become designed to open your heart to the world? And if people can be honest in a blog, why can't they be honest face to face? Is it the anonymity? I mean, you have this made up name. No one knows who is behind it. You say what you want with no consequences. Is that it? So, if that's the answer, where is the honesty in that? There's still a mask. I'm tired of masks. I just want to admit when I've screwed up, and go on from there. I've wasted too many years of my life trying to keep my mask intact. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm going to fix what messes I've made, if possible, then go on, but without the mask. If those messes are carved in stone, then, so be it - it's blasting time. Clear away the rubble. Is there anything left, or do we start over from scratch?

No comments: